A carving knife is a thing of beauty, even if you don’t use it every time. Every kitchen is not complete without it. Do you want to make thin cuts on your meat or roasts but facing difficulties using your kitchen knives? Nothing else will do except a carving knife when you need a thin, long and sharp blade to do your slicing.
The knife is usually large, about 8 to 15 inches long. Also, it is thinner and narrower at the spin. Primarily, a carving knife is used for slicing purposes. It is designed to cut very thin, accurate slices. No doubt, the essential tool for a chef is a proper knife. That is why we have decided to show you the best carving knives that we believe are superb picks.
Of course, you have managed to have an amazing kitchen knives collection. Each of these knives can make a perfect addition to your collection. When you finally pick one of these knives, slicing will never be the same. Without wasting time, read the reviews and decide on the perfect one for you.
Watch this video:
THE REVIEW OF THE BEST CARVING KNIVES
Before we go into the full review, let’s take a quick look at the best carving knives we have for you.
- Victorinox 12-Inch Fibrox Slicing Knife
- Mercer Cutlery Genesis Carving Knife
- Zyliss Control Carving Knife
- A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro Carving Knife Set
- Top Chef by Master Cutlery, 2-Piece Carving knife
If you are looking for a slicing/carving knife as effective as an electronic carving knife, the twelve inch Victorinox slicing knife can fill the gap. The blade is forged from high carbon stainless steel, and the tip is rounded and safe. The knife comes with a Fibrox handle which ensures it does not slip out of your hand when being used.
It is designed in a way that you can hold it comfortably. It is also balanced which allows total control when slicing. The knife features Granton blade which creates pockets of air. This great feature will prevent food from sticking to the blade. Also, it provides less friction which allows for higher efficiency and easier motion.
The knife is Ice-tempered, and it is easy to sharpen. It will maintain its sharpness. Included is also a razor-sharp edge which offers maximum cutting performance and ensures there is no form of tearing. Additionally, it is bolsterless so you can utilize the entire length of the blade.
If your hobby or profession is cooking, this eight inches Mercer Cutlery Carving knife is just for you. It is made with all the expertise of Germany technology. The blade is forged with high-carbon, no stain steel which is corrosion resistant, rust resistant and also resists discoloration. The knife has a precision forged construction that provides better stability and strength.
Included with its amazing features is the Ergonomic handle which offers a non-slip grip and superior comfort. Even when your hands are wet, you are still safe. It can withstand cold and hot temperatures and will not damage when exposed to kitchen oil.
The product features Bolster which gives it strength. It provides incredible balance for better handling and also provides extra durability when cutting food.
Furthermore, it has a taper-ground edge. This great feature allows for long-lasting sharpness, easy honing and added stability. Also, it increases the efficiency when chopping and cutting.
3. Zyliss Control Carving Knife - Professional Kitchen Cutlery Knives - Premium German Steel, 8-inch
This is a great product from one of the best brands of knife. It is eight inches in length perfect for easy carving and slicing of meat. For a comforting rest for index/thumb and more controlled rocking motion, this knife features a safety touch point at the top of the blade.
The blade is forged from high-quality German steel which is stain-free, durable, razor sharp, and resistant to rust. Also, you can easily resharpen it when necessary.
There is a balance between the handle and blade, so you don’t need any unnecessary pressure to cut your fried steak of meat into thin slices when making gourmet steak tortillas or prepare your food efficiently.
Included to the great features of Zyliss control carving knife is the contoured handle. This ensures non-slip grips and also features antibacterial protection.
One of the best carving knifes that makes it easy to slice and serve meat beautifully. This product comes in two-piece set: carving fork and eight inches carving knife.
The knife features a handy micro-serrated edge which boasts precision cut. The blade of the knife does not need much maintenance; it never needs sharpening.
Additionally, the knife has a high-quality carbon stainless steel construction which resists odors, rust, and stains. When the carving knife is used with the carving fork, you can confidently cut prime rib into succulent slices, carve meats, and slice ham smoothly.
Furthermore, it offers a full tang design and also lightweight. These amazing features yield maximum maneuverability.
This carving knife features a razor sharp ice-tempered stainless steel blade. I admire this feature because it ensures that you don’t contend with meats before carving them or slicing them. The Ice-tempered feature ensures that you sharpen the blade with ease. Additionally, the handle comes in full steel having a non-slip surface. The handle has a seamless polished and bonded bolsters.
No doubt, from both design and quality, standpoint; the Master Cutlery Top Chef carving knife compare well with some of the German brands. This knife is not too cheap in product and not too expensive in cost.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN BUYING THE BEST CARVING KNIFE
Now that you have read about the best carving knives, you might be thinking of buying one. Of course, we also encourage you to purchase one. It will help you to perfectly deal with meat when preparing your Chinese claypot street food or doing any other cooking.
Watch this video:
But there are some things you need to consider before selecting the best carving knife for you and buying it. Read on to know these things.
- Can you afford to buy one? – No doubt, some carving knives are affordable while some are expensive. Have it in mind that expensive does not mean they are exceptional. There are some knives that are affordable and effective in carving or slicing meat. Pay attention to your budget and ensure you get the best carving knife that perfectly fit into your budget.
- The handle –it is important that you pay attention to the handle of the knife you are going for. Ensure the handle is ergonomic and properly fastened and riveted. Also, the knife should have a handle that boasts a tang about half-way down. With all these features, you are sure picking the best carving knife for you.
- The blade – you cannot debate the fact that you need a carving knife with a strong blade. The blade should be narrow, sharp, long and robust. One of the first options to consider is the high carbon stainless steel blades. It is good if the blade is also removable, especially for electric carvers. It is a great consideration. With it, you can easily remove meats that are hidden in the bone.
- Read various product reviews –Nothing is new under the heaven, so you will not be the first person to purchase a carving knife. For you to purchase the best carving knife for you, read reviews to know if the previous buyers or users were able to get value for their money. Find out if they spend much for a great carving knife or pay excessively for a useless knife.
- Research the different brands– Since there are so many manufacturers, it is important that you research them before picking the brand with the best carving knife. Japanese and American knife factories tend to produce incredible cutleries for the modern kitchen.
If you already have a boning knife focus on picking just one carving knife, they will complement each other.
It is important you check the top carving knifes we discussed above. We believe you will have a good time using them. Don’t you think the reason why you don’t like carving meat is that your knife is not designed for it? You can get the best carving knife. You will then understand the difference.