God has blessed human beings with different senses. The sense of taste is one of the most important senses because we use it frequently.
Humans have discovered various natural and manmade drinks and eatables. All these have varied tastes and smells.
They have remained busy in increasing the taste of natural as well as manmade drinks through various processes. Aeration is also one of those processes that are commonly used to mix oxygen with various drinks.
- AERATE YOUR WINE TO PERFECTION INSTANTLY - The Vintorio Wine Aerator Pourer has a large aerating chamber and air intake system that utilizes...
- KEEP YOUR TABLECLOTH SAFE FROM WINE STAINS - The rubber stopper is tapered and ribbed to create a leak-free seal for wine bottles of all...
- ELEGANTLY DESIGNED AND MADE WITH QUALITY MATERIALS - The Vintorio Aerating Pourer is manufactured with high quality FDA approved materials....
What is a Wine Aerator
A Wine Aerator is the small tool used to mix oxygen with wines. Most people believe that this mix of oxygen with wine increases the taste and changes the smell of the wine also.
Wine Aerators help to mix the suitable amount of oxygen to the wine. This is because the wine kept in containers absorbs more oxygen and, thus, changes the taste. Still, there are also many who still cling to the view that this mix of oxygen with wine worsens the taste and smell of the wine.
There are different kinds of aerators that are being widely used across the world. Some of the top aerators are:
Why Do We Need a Wine Aerator?
In the past, the process of wine aeration was very risky and lengthy. This is because excessive absorption of oxygen in wine used to change its taste and people did not like it. In the past, people used to put wine in decanters. These decanters were placed in open places for hours.
But, these newly invented wine aerators have speeded up the process. Wine aerators are, nowadays, used at the end of the bottles. When you serve the wine to someone, you can use wine aerators for pouring wine into the glass. This slows down the pouring process and oxygen mixes into it. This is also called wine breathing. The following are the main advantages of wine aerators.
- These speed up the process of wine aeration.
- These are usually simple and easy to use.
- There is a large variety of aerators available in the market and you can select one according to your choice.
- These increase the taste of the wine without any extra cost.
- These help to regulate the amount of oxygen mixing into wine.
How Can You Choose the Best One?
Choosing one of the best wine aerators is not as easy as you are thinking. There are a lot of factors to consider while making the buying decision. The most important thing that will make your decision easy is to have knowledge about using wine aerators.
This is because understanding the process will enable you to make the right decision. The following things should be kept in mind while buying the best aerator for your wine.
The basic thing to look for in wine aerators is the design. This is because the aeration process depends a lot on the design of the aerator.
The more stages wine passes through the aerator; the more taste it will give. Here, one thing to keep in mind is that always avoid going for complicated designs because you will feel a problem in using it every time. Design is also important as you have to put it on the counter or use it amid your friends.
While buying an aerator, always give importance to its size. This is because the storage depends on the size. Choose the aerator that can be stored easily. Its size should be so much that you can carry it with you. People, nowadays, like such tools that can be easily taken away with.
The third important factor to keep in mind while buying aerator is the maintenance of it. Always select the design that can be maintained easily. It should be easy to wash and clean. There should be no convolutions in it. If the aerator is of complex shape, there should be some cleaning material with it.
Always check for the accessories packed with the aerator. This is because the proper accessories will not only make its use easy, but will also help to take it with you anywhere.
Wine Aerators Reviews
Here are some of the reviews about the top five wine aerators. After reading these, it may be easy for you to buy the best one.
1. Vinluxe PRO Wine Aerator
Vinluxe PRO is one of the top rated aerators that are being used all across the world. It is made of acrylic material that is long lasting and, therefore, the manufacturer offers the lifetime guarantee on its purchase. The mechanism of wine aeration is quite easy and fast. Just in a few seconds, you can enjoy the rich taste and aroma of the wine. This speedy aeration is due to 32 pours in it through which the wine passes. This gives wine the necessary breathing within seconds.
- It is easy to use and wine passes through three stages.
- It is stylish and you can display anywhere you like.
- The price is quite affordable.
- Due to iteration at three stages, it produces much better taste and aroma.
- It is a little costlier than other aerators of the same class.
- With the passage of time, the wine may have plastic smell and content after aeration.
2. Vinturi Reserve Essential Red Wine Aerator
It is also another top rated wine aerator which is also very attractive but simple in design. It is quite easy to use because of a rubber grip. All the aerator is made of acrylic plastic and is, therefore, durable and long lasting. Moreover, it’s simple design also makes it easy to clean and maintain. The storage is also no issue as it comes with its small box packing and you can take it anywhere you like.
- Simple design made of long lasting material.
- Easy to use and handle due to plastic grip.
- Not much costly.
- The design and style both are quite attractive and you will feel proud to display.
- It is costlier than other contemporary wine aerators.
- The design is such that it can overflow easily.
- Another major drawback in the design is that it may drip after the use.
3. Vintorio Wine Aerator
It is another acrylic made aerator which gives a great user experience because it is very simple. It can be used at the bottle neck and pours wine in such a way as it gets enough breathing. It is very small and is easily portable from one place to the other. The cleaning and maintenance of this wine aerator are very easy because you can disassemble it.
- It is very simple and easy to use.
- There is no danger of dripping after the use.
- The designing of this aerator helps in its maintenance.
- It is also not much costly and can be easily afforded.
- Due to its small size, it is quite easy to store.
- It is also made of acrylic plastic and is, therefore, very durable.
- There is always the danger of dripping if it is not assembled properly.
- The acrylic plastic may crack over the passage of time.
4. Zazzol Wine Aerator Decanter
It is another acrylic plastic made wine aerator similar in design to Vinluxe PRO wine aerator. It is also small in size and can be taken from one place to the other easily. This wine aerator has a large opening thus making the overflow impossible. Simplicity in design makes it easy for you to clean it. It also gives an extraordinary taste and aroma to the wine because here filtration is done through three stages.
- It is simple in design and durable in material.
- It minimizes overflow because of its large opening bowl.
- It is also not much costly and can be purchased from anywhere.
- It is quite easy to clean and maintain because of simple design.
- Its three stages iteration adds an extraordinary flavor and aroma to the wine.
- It is also made of plastic and can crack over the passage of time.
- It is complex in design and disassembling can cause trouble for you.
- Because it is not easily disassembled, its cleaning is also somewhat difficult.
- It cannot be used single handedly.
5. Lux Essentials Deluxe Wine Aerator
This wine aerator is usually available in the form of gift packs. There are four pieces in it. It is also made of acrylic plastic material and is, thus, durable and long lasting.
It has a modern design as compared with other aerators. The opening bowl or mouth is also widened in this new model as compared with the old ones. Therefore, there is no danger of overflowing. It comes with some accessories that make its use quite easier. The beautiful and attractive design is very good to display either on the counter or in the kitchen.
- More beautiful than all other wine aerators.
- Made of acrylic plastic and is durable and long lasting.
- The opening bowl is large enough to avoid the chances of overflowing.
- It is also small enough to be taken to any place.
- It comes with some accessories that help in using it.
- It is not very costly and can be easily afforded.
- Acrylic plastic may crack over some time.
- It is a little difficult to clean because of its delicate designing.
In the end, we can say that choosing a good wine aerator is a lot difficult. But if you keep the basic things in mind, you will really enjoy your decision.
Always go for the wine aerator that is easy to clean and maintain. It should always be kept in mind that wine gives more taste if it passes through more stages. Therefore, select the wine aerator which passes the wine through different stages. This increases the taste and aroma of the wine.