Today, we are going to learn to make a tasty Chinese classic with my own twist- Fish Soup. Usually, I will fry the fish and then stew in water.
This time I changed my method and mastered the following four techniques.
Good fish soup does not have a particularly strong fishy taste, and the soup is rich and tastes fresh and mellow. It is 100 times better than the fish soup I used to cook.
1. Fish head and fish tail are first fried golden, remove the fish head and use a knife to split from the middle.
2. Use star anise to help flavor the pot.
3. Use pork broth, which is also one of the techniques to make soup color thick and fresh.
4. In this fish soup, I also added two special ingredients: king oyster mushrooms and cucumber. The mushroom has the effect of giving it an earthy, fresh taste. The mushroom texture is crisp, with a hint of almond flavor. Its rich nutritional value, rich in protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and other minerals.
- 1) Bighead carp head and tail
- 2) 3 King oyster mushrooms
- 3) 1 Cucumber
- 4) Pork bone broth
- 1) 1 Small slice of ginger
- 2) 2 Garlic cloves
- 3) 1 Small slice of green onion
- 4) 1 Star anise
- 4) 1 Tablespoon of cooking wine
- 5) 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 6) Small amount of dry starch (powdered, for breading the fish)
- 7) Cooking oil
Fish frying process:
Step 1. Clean the head and tail of the carp, and apply a thin layer of dry starch on both sides of the fish head and fish tail.
Step 2. Pour a small amount of cooking oil into the pan and heat.
Step 3. Add the fish head and fish tail to fry.
Step 4. Fry the head of the fish until golden. Use a spatula to turn over and fry the other side.
Step 5. Once both sides are golden, remove the fish head and tail, and use a knife to cut the head of the fish down the middle.
Fish soup cooking procedure:
Step 1. Slice ginger, garlic, and green onions with a knife.
Step 2. Place star anise in the base oil of the wok with some oil. Remove after a few minutes (its only purpose is to add some flavor.)
Step 3. Add the ginger, onion, and garlic.
Step 4. Prepare the bowl of broth in advance.
Step 5. Add the stock and pour in 1 tablespoon of cooking wine.
Step 6. Boil, cook until you can use a spoon to scoop the foam.
Step 7. The soup in the pan is transferred to a casserole dish and the fried fish head and fish tail are placed inside.
Step 8. The mushroom is washed, cut into thick uniform slices with a knife.
Step 9. Place mushroom slices in the casserole dish, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Step 10. When the soup is rich in white, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to taste.
Step 11. Wash the cucumber and cut it on a bias with a knife.
Step 12. Pour the soup into a bowl and sprinkle with sliced cucumber.