I like my muffins being moist and distinctly flavored. This is what makes the chocolate muffins. These muffins make the easiest to make softest muffins ever.
My only best secret is to limit sugar just because, naturally, the bananas already have more than enough sugar.
There’s nothing that beats the taste of muffins or the smell of the baking cakes in the morning. This is true when you intend to eat them alongside a morning coffee or tea.
Notice that the softness and rich flavors make it a perfect dessert to use when you are ending a meal.
Notice that ripe bananas have rich flavors and the snickers are equally rich in flavors. You can eat it in different ways, and you can make it in different methods.
If you love muffins and banana ones at that, read on to find the detailed guide to making it at home.
I always say do you have some excessively ripe bananas in the fridge? Let’s bake. You can make a lot of things with the ripe bananas, but my favorite is the muffin.
I just figured that not many people had made the chocolate banana muffin with the snickers. You are sure to like the combo a lot more. Thanks to my grandma’s cooking lessons, this recipe has become a favorite to my cousins and me. Today I, therefore, bring here kitchen ideas to you.
Why make this recipe?
- Of course, this is a common question, and while you may already know how to make the banana chocolate muffins, you should try this one.
- It’s surprisingly very easy to make the muffins. You can even pull your kids to come and help you in the making of the muffins.
- You don’t have to think critically about the ingredients you are going to use in making them. Anyone making it will love it because they can use the ingredients on their pantry.
- It will take you such a short time to make the muffin. If you have everything ready, then you should make it in 10-15 minutes.
- You can store them in the freezer for future use.
How to make chocolate banana muffins
For the richly flavored and delicious banana muffins, try this recipe. It’s a lovely soft, golden brown and large muffin.
- 100g low-gluten flour,
- 65g butter,
- 30g eggs,
- 25g caster sugar,
- 100g peeled bananas,
- 50g snickers,
- 30ml milk,
- 3g aluminum-free baking powder,
- 0.5g baking soda.
Baking: The recipe is not significant; I make it with an air fryer. If you use an oven, heat the middle layer up and down at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
The step by step instruction
- Prepare the bananas
After peeling the banana, press it into a mashed banana with a fork. I suggest you go for very ripe bananas. Not only will it be easy to mash, but it’s also sweeter and richer in flavors. So how you know the ripe bananas are from the peels.
They should have more black or dark brown marks. The fork mashing is an excellent method since we intend to have the rich banana crumbles in the mixture.
While you may be tempted to use a masher or mixer for the bananas, you don’t need it here.
Just know that the kind of bananas you choose for this recipe matter. If you choose the not so ripe bananas, then your muffin won’t be flavorful.
- Cut the Snickers into small pieces. They will be the sauce of the chocolaty flavors. Although it will eventually melt, the best thing to do is cut it into tiny chocolate pieces.
- Start the dough preparation process.
Take your clean bowl and add the refined sugar to the softened butter. You should attain the image we see below. You are going to then cram everything in.
- Whisk the two
Beat with an electric whisk machine until the color becomes lighter and the volume becomes larger. This one you can do well if you use the whisking machine. Nonetheless, I should mention that you can use the manual whisker, although it will take you too much time. Add the whole egg liquid several times in small amounts.
Check image below
- The whipped butter is light and expanded, and it’s ready for the following process.
- Add bananas and milk.
On a light note: if you are making this recipe with the kids, include them in mashing the bananas and adding them into this batter. My nephew and nieces like to make these muffins with me.
Add the mashed banana and milk and mix well. Use a spatula to scrape it all out. Your bowl should be clean. Then mix everything gently and incorporate it all.
- Add the flour
Mix low-gluten flour, baking powder, and baking soda evenly and sieve twice before adding to the mixture. Remember, you can use all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour too. You need to know the amount of fluid to add to it.
- Combine everything
This is almost the last step. It’s where you will mix everything comfortably, making sure it forms a thick consistency batter. So you will stir with a spatula until the dry powder is almost invisible. Add the chocolate chunks.
- Keep it mixing it until everything is mixed in together.
Use the spatula to mix everything and get the batter is ready.
- Set the muffin batter in the cups.
Put the mixed batter into paper cups and let it rest for 8-9 minutes.
- Please put it in a preheated air fryer at 190 degrees. I prefer to use the air fryer because it’s going to be fast to use. I find it even better to use since you don’t need to use an oven.
- About 15 minutes, the surface of the cake should be golden and fully expanded but also inviting to try or eat.
How long should you have it in the oven?
It depends on the tool you are using to bake. If you are using an oven with a lower temperature, it can take up to 20 minutes. Just know this though you don’t want to have it stay baking for too long as it will be too hard and not pleasant for the recipe. If you’re baking in the air fryer, then 8it will be ready in 10-15minutes.
More delicious muffins you should have a try:
- Don’t use bananas with tender yellow outer skins for desserts. When small black spots appear on the surface of bananas, it is the most fragrant. It’s also the richest in flavor.
- I use Snickers that I can’t eat at home. It is sweeter, so the amount of refined sugar in the recipe is relatively tiny.
- If you use dark chocolate instead, it is recommended to increase the amount of sugar slightly.
- When the cake is baked to a golden brown, a toothpick can be inserted into the test. If there is no batter on the toothpick, it is cooked.
- If you are worried that the coloring is too heavy, you can bake it until the coloring and cover it with tin foil until the baking is over.
I want to make a sky-high chocolate muffin. What should I do?
Check your battery. If you want it sky-high tall, then you want to use a thick batter. If you use a lighter batter, then you will be making the cupcake. Also, make sure you add the batter to the top of the mold to deliver the perfect overflow thick muffin.
You can do this trick too with your oven, so you should set it at a very high temperature at the very beginning, and then you can reduce it after five minutes. When you reduce the temperature, then you will have the muffin cook in the middle.
It’s easy to make the dome shape muffin if you know the tricks like this. And I know this is what usually makes the difference between your regular cake and the muffin.
Can I store the muffin?
Sometimes you will want to make it for later use, and if you want this, you will need to store it right.
Since they are made using the banana, you will realize that the banana muffin is way better when you just made it, but after that, it may not be as good unless you store it right.
You should eat the ones you would like out of the oven and the remains. Then you can set them in air-tight cans and then set them in the freezer. The good thing is that when you do this, then it will stay for longer.
You can also reheat such choices. If you want to eat it, you should take one and then set it in the microwave and then reheat for 10 seconds.
Can I make it even healthier?
Of course, it may not be too healthy because you are using butter, flour, and sugar, but you can alternate such and then make it healthier.
So you can use honey or maple syrup instead of sugar. You can also use applesauce and canola oil in place of the butter.
Whole wheat flour is amazing, it delivers the perfect fiber, making it a laxative.
Of course, there are so many other things you could tweak to make it a health-conscious muffin.
How can I freeze it?
I mean, typical of every other meal, you want to secure your muffins off freezer burn. So make sure you, first of all, freeze the muffins the same day you made them. But it would help if you got a Ziploc bag and set them in and then set them in the freezer. They will last up to a month or three if you maintain the right temperature.
Tools you must use for this recipe.
One tool I think you should have is the air fryer if you don’t have one. For this recipe, I baked using the air fryer, and it was all perfect. This is not to say that you can use the oven you can, but use the air fryer if you want to try things out. I recently just bought COSORI Air Fryer Max XL. People praise it a lot, so I wanted to see how it works, and I must say I loved it when making my muffins.
Another tool you may need is the muffin cups. I went on amazon and got these Amazon Basics Reusable Silicone Baking Cups. Notice, though, that you can use whichever muffin cups you have at home.
An electric whisk is another one of the tools you may need. It will make it easy to cream in the butter and the sugar. Everyone who loves cakes should buy them. I have this Cuisinart HM-90BCS Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer. It makes my work a lot easier.
Did you make it?
Now you have all the information you need to make the best tasting chocolate banana muffin, so what are you waiting for. Try it today and let us know how your muffins came out below; show us the picture too.
Best Banana Chocolate Muffin Ever (6 cups)
- 100 g low-gluten flour
- 65 g butter
- 30 g eggs
- 25 g caster sugar
- 100 g peeled bananas
- 50 g snickers
- 30 ml milk
- 3 g aluminum-free baking powder
- 0.5 g baking soda
- Peel off the bananas and then mash them with a fork. Take your time in this part to mash each of the bananas.
- Cut your snickers into tiny pieces and then set them aside, ready for use.
- In a clean bowl, cream in the butter and the refined sugar. You should attain the perfect butter-sugar combo if you are using anan electric whisker. When it’s almost perfect, add the egg and mix a little more.
- Add the bananas, mix them in this with a spatula, add the milk, and mix it in.
- Sieve your flour and the baking soda with the salt and then mix in this batter.
- Stir everything with the spatula as you add in the snickers, and fold the batter in to incorporate it in every part of the batter.
- If you had greased your muffin cups, set the batter in the muffin cups. If you can, fill them to the brim to deliver the tall muffin you may already want.
- Set the air fryer at 190°C and then put the muffin cups in the air fryer. Cook it for about 15 minutes. You should have the top being golden brown. Also, use a toothpick to check for doneness.
- It’s now ready for you, so enjoy it with your hot chocolate or coffee.