This nourishing corn milk drink made with just three ingredients is easy to make, sweet, delicious, creamy, and a healthy alternative to milk, and you can make it in 35 minutes.
I am a foodie, and I love to experiment with many ingredients in my kitchen.
I love to bring variety into my diet, and I take advantage of every crop season to include it in my meal and recipes. It is the sweet corn season, and I thought of a simple and exciting way to include this corn into my diet.
Most people know that you can either boil, roast, or grill sweet corn and add it to your meal. And some even season the corn to add extra flavor to it.
But have you ever tried this corn milk? Once you try it, I bet you will never go back.
The fantastic thing is that this corn milk recipe is easy to prepare and does not take a lot of time; neither does it require a lot of processes and ingredients.
If you love taking a cup of milk on some occasions, you can consider substituting it with this corn milk. You even get more nutrients when you take this corn milk drink.
I usually prepare it for breakfast to begin the day and those afternoons when I feel like drinking something cold and nutritious.
This drink is so versatile that you could decide to add any ingredients of your choice. I have used condensed milk to add flavor and texture to the corn milk in the recipe that I shall share with you.
You can decide to make it dairy-free by adding other ingredients like soy milk, vegan milk, or almond. Feel free to experiment with whatever ingredient and flavor that works for you.
But if you are preparing this corn milk for the first time, you can follow the simple recipe.
If you are looking for a nutritious drink addition to your diet, then I suggest you reach into your fridge and grab those sweet corn cobs and follow this amazing recipe that I have stated below.
- 2 sweet corns,
- 2 cups of purified water
- A spoonful of condensed milk.
- Ventray Slow Press Masticating Juicer
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Serving number of persons: 2 to 3 persons
How to make corn milk
- Peel the fruit corn and cut it into sections after washing. You must wash the corn to do away with dirt and remove all old dark husk and dark silk.
- Place the cut corn in a vertical position and cut the corn kernels along the cob with a knife. Standing the cubs as you cut out the corn kernels will make the whole process easier for you.
- Pour the cut corn kernels into the pot, and pour in your 2 cups of pure water; this will completely cover the corn kernels.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, then use low heat for cooking for 5 minutes until cooked and turn off the heat.
- When the corn is lukewarm, add a spoonful of condensed milk and mix well. If you want to increase the flavor of condensed milk to your corn milk drink, you can add more condensed milk.
- Pour the corn mixture into your slow press juicer and effortlessly wait for your corn milk to be produced. Here is a linkfor you to check out this fantastic product on amazon.
- While the machine is running, the corn residue will be discharged from one side, and you will get your corn milk.
- Open the juice outlet on the other side of your juice extractor and collect the corn milk in a jug. You can refrigerate your corn before serving, or you can serve it immediately, depending on your preference.
- To make corn milk, you must use sweet corn, which has a lot of moisture and a sweet taste. We all know that the quality of your ingredients will affect the outcome. So, if you want to enjoy your sweet corn milk, it is advisable to use quality sweet corn that is clean and fresh.
- Fruit corn is relatively sweet; you do not need to add extra sugar if you add condensed milk to the juice. But you can still decide to add as you see fit.
- The consistency of corn juice can be adjusted with purified water. If you don’t like it too thick, add more water or condensed milk, depending on your preference.
- Don’t waste the squeezed corn dregs; they can still be helpful for other recipes. If you love making steamed buns, you can put the corn dregs in when steaming your steamed buns. The taste of corn is very fragrant, and your steamed buns can absorb this fragrant flavor.
- The slow press masticating juicer is one piece of equipment that you can add to your kitchen. This machine takes away a lot of stress and is more convenient. It reduces the struggle of having to use a cheesecloth to separate the juice from the corn dregs. This can save you a lot of time and even encourage you to prepare this juice more often because of the little time involved.
Secondly, this equipment is impressive because it can crush large chunks of fruits at a low speed, preserving the healthy nutrients of your fruits. It maintains the enzymes, vitamins, and beneficial nutrients while creating a quality taste for your juice.
It is easy to clean, easy to use, and does not make much noise. So, you do not have to worry about waking up others in the morning while you are trying to make corn milk for breakfast. You should check out this amazing and stress-free equipment on amazon.
Health benefits of sweet corn
If you are not convinced about the deliciousness of this sweet corn milk, here are some health benefits to persuade you into adding this corn milk to your diet. Sweet corn possesses vitamin B complex such as niacin thiamin, responsible for increasing good cholesterol and reducing your risk of getting cardiovascular diseases.
The presence of folic acid in sweet corn can help you fight anemia by producing red blood cells and aiding rapid cell division and growth. Also, the presence of vitamin A can help improve your vision and skin. Vitamin A is also essential because it acts as an antioxidant that helps you to fight things like heart diseases and cancer.
Can I make this corn milk without a juice extractor?
Yes, you can make this corn milk with a blender or food processor, requiring you to use a different process. After blending the sweet corn, you will need to use a cheesecloth to strain the cooked corn kernel to extract your juice.
You will also need to cook the extracted juice for another five minutes, and your corn milk will be ready. This process is reliable, but it can be time-consuming and stressful. When you use a juice extractor, it makes the whole process less stressful and less time-consuming.
Can I substitute condensed milk for vegan milk?
Yes, you can absolutely make this corn milk a dairy-free or vegan-friendly drink. You can add vegan milk instead of condensed milk, and you can also add other dairy-free products like soy milk or almond nuts milk. You are at liberty to add more flair and flavor to your corn milk.
Can I make corn milk without boiling the corn?
It is possible to use raw sweet corn for your corn milk. But your corn milk will taste better when it is boiled. Also, when you boil the corn, you benefit from the boiled corn water as well. This water is good for detoxing and ridding the skin of all impurifications and toxic elements.
This nutritious drink is a must add to your diet. It is healthy, delicious, sweet, and it is versatile for any mood. Plus, the use of the juice extractor makes it a very simple and straightforward process that you do not have to stress about. You should give this corn milk a try, and trust me; you will love everything about it.
Making Nutritious Sweet Corn Milk with A Slow-Press Juicer
- 2 sweet corns
- 2 cups purified water
- A spoonful of condensed milk
- Peel the fruit corn and cut it into sections after washing. Stand up the cut corn and cut the corn kernels along the cob with a knife or a peeler.
- Pour the cut corn kernels into the pot, and pour in your 2 cups of pure water. Bring to a boil on high heat for 15 minutes, then use low heat for cooking for 5 minutes until cooked and turn off the heat.
- When the corn is lukewarm, add a spoonful of condensed milk and mix well.
- Put the corn mixture into your slow press juicer, and effortlessly wait for your corn milk to be produced.
- While the machine is running, the corn residue will be discharged from one side. Open the juice outlet on the other side of your juicer and collect the corn milk in a jug. You can refrigerate your corn before serving, or you can serve it immediately, depending on your preference.