There are actually a lot of methods for making Chinese honey chicken.
The available methods include stewed, fried, and microwaved. Everyone has a favorite cooking method, and you’re allowed your opinion for sure.
Personally, I love the Roasted Chicken. This is because of the crispy chicken skin and the succulent chicken itself. It’s soft and coveted… honestly, I am unable to stop!
So without further ado, let us uncover the mystery of crisp and juicy honey chicken.
Through many practices and exchanges, the lessons learned are shared with everyone. It’s all about the love of wings and the desire to make delicious grilled wings.
If you would like to make a successful honey chicken, pay attention to three points.
The first is temperature
On the one hand, the temperature should not be too high, chicken meat can easily be overcooked at high temperature, on the other hand, the temperature cannot be too low.
This is because when the temperature is too low, the chicken skin is not crispy. By summarizing the experience of others, I came back to practice a few times, and indeed, the taste of chicken wings actually does have a major difference.
The temperature should be controlled well; first, try high-temperature baking so that the surface of the chicken wings shrink quickly.
This will also ensure that in the subsequent baking process, the moisture is locked in the chicken. After that, make sure to use 160 °C -170 °C and slowly bake.
The second is time.
In the case of 160°C-170°C, make sure that you check for blood in the incision of the chicken wings. When there is almost no blood, the attention is to be utmost.
At this time, the skin on the surface of the chicken wings should be baked at high temperature, thereby making it a bit crispy. Make sure to observe when you’re baking every 5 minutes.
Please consider the temperature of your oven and the size of the chicken wings.
The third is the marinade.
Chicken wings are thicker and it could take more than 1 hour for them to get fully marinated.
If the time is tight, you can continue to massage the chicken wings after adding marinade, which will accelerate the absorption of chicken.
Finally, make sure to eat it hot! For it to be at its most delicious, it needs to be hot. When it’s cold, the skin is soft and very imperfect.
Today, I share honey chicken in two ways.
Why did I use two methods?
The first method of honey chicken is done in full accordance with the main points. It is very delicious.
The second process, however, is also not so complicated. It has the taste of “mala”(spicy and numbing) as well as the sweetness of honey. The combination of the two flavors is very invincible.
The First Method
- Chicken wings; 700g
- Dark soy sauce 1 teaspoon
- Cooking wine; 2 teaspoons
- Oyster sauce; 1 teaspoon
- Salt; 1/2 teaspoon
- Honey; 1 scoop
- 2 tablespoons of lemon honey (can be replaced with honey if you like)
First, cut the lemon slices. Put it in a jar, then pour in the right amount of honey.
Seal the jar, and refrigerate it for as long as it takes.
If you can not find lemon honey, you can also use honey. Remember to add a little bit of water to dilute it.
- Wash chicken wings, and dry them with a kitchen towel.
- Chicken wings are to be cut diagonally in order to facilitate the tasty flavor.
- Add all the materials in the “marinade”. When done, grasp and marinate for more than 1 hour
- Make sure that the baking tray is covered with tin foil, the chicken wings are placed on the baking tray.
- Make sure that the oven is about 200 °C. Bake for 10 minutes, then have the chicken wings taken out. Turn them over, then continue to bake at 200 °C for 5 minutes;
- Remove the chicken wings, brush a layer of lemon honey (or honey), put it back into the oven, and bake for 5 minutes at 170 °C.
- Again, remove the chicken wings, brush a layer of lemon honey (or honey), put it back into the oven, and bake for 5 minutes at 170 °C.
- Then, make sure to observe the incision. If there is blood, then continue to brush honey for the chicken wings and put them to the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes.
- When there is almost no blood, brush a layer of honey and continue to bake at 200°Cfor 3-5 minutes in order to make the skin of the chicken wings crispy
The Second Method (Chinese Honey Garlic Chicken)
- 300g chicken wings
- sichuan peppercorn; 8g
- 5 bay leaves;
- Onion; 30g
- Onion; 5g (Green Onions)
- Ginger; 5g
- A piece of garlic
- Honey; 20g
- Light Soy sauce; 20g
- Yellow wine(cooking wine); 20g
- Dark soy sauce; 2g
- Salt; ½ a tablespoon
Wash the chicken wings and chicken wings are to be cut diagonally in order to facilitate the tasty flavor.
Cut green onion into small pieces, slice the ginger and garlic.
Mix all of the seasonings and chicken wings together, then add the honey. Mix them evenly, and marinate them for two to three hours.
Then, clean the ingredients on the chicken wings. And put them on the grill.
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the chicken wings for about 15 minutes.
Then, take the chicken wings out and apply a layer of honey and bake them for another 5 minutes.
- The honey is too thick, you can add a little boiling water to the honey before applying it to the chicken wings.
- Don’t use too much dark soy sauce in case the chicken wings become dark before they are cooked.