In Guangdong, China, soup often appears on the table. Today, I want to cook a bowl of pig’s foot soup with peanuts and soybeans, which is beautiful and delicious.
This dish is a delicious soup with soybeans and ‘trotters’ as the main ingredients.
It has a strong flavor and rich nutritional value and is suitable for all people.
Pork feet are low-fat and great for skin health. In addition, it also has a prolactin effect, especially when stewed with soybeans.
- 1) 600g Pig feet
- 2) 400g taro
- 3) 50g of peanuts
- 4) 50g of soybeans
- 5) One large piece of ginger
- 6) 2 Tbsp of cooking wine
- 7) 1 tsp salt
- 8) ½ tsp white pepper
how to make pig feet soup:
First, the peanuts and soybeans soaked in water one night in advance, and the large piece of ginger was prepared by peeling and cut into pieces.
Step 1: Cut the pig’s feet into small pieces, put them in cold water, bring to a boil, then remove them and wash them.
Step 2: Clean the pig’s feet again removing any skin or hairs that were not properly removed
Step 3: In a large casserole dish, put in pig’s feet, peanuts, soybeans, ginger and cooking wine, pour in hot water
Step 4: After bringing to a boil, simmer for a half hour.
Step 5: The taro is cleaned and peeled
Step 6: Add the taro to the soup and continue to stew for half an hour until the taro is soft.
Season with salt and white pepper
1. It is best to change the water for soaking peanuts and soybeans several times, because the peanut skin will fade, and if you change the water several times, you can avoid the problem of dyeing the soup when you cook the pig’s feet
2. I am using small taro in this recipe, you can use a large one instead. If you can’t find any, using corn would also be acceptable in this recipe.
3. Because I prefer the pig’s foot soup to be pure and white, I don’t use chopped green onion. If you like, you can also sprinkle some chopped green onions.
Pig’s feet nutrition
1. The ‘trotters’ contain a large amount of collagen protein, which can be converted into gelatin during cooking.
Gelatin has a reticular space structure, which can combine much water, enhance the physiological metabolism of cells, effectively improve the physiological functions of the body and the water storage function of skin tissue cells, so that the cells can be kept moist, prevent premature wrinkles, and delay the aging process.
2. The ‘trotters’ are rich in nutrients and delicious.
It is not only a common dish, but also nourishing. According to the analysis by food nutrition experts, each 100 grams of ‘trotters’ contains 15.8 grams of protein, 26.3 grams of fat, and 1.7 grams of carbohydrates.
The ‘trotters’ also contain vitamins A, B, C and calcium, phosphorus, iron and other nutrients, especially the protein hydrolysis of ‘trotters’, which can produce 11 kinds of amino acids such as cystine and arginine.