I like to go to the Dessert shop when it is in summer. The Dessert I usually order is red bean soup. I am happy with the moment talking with my friends while drinking this delicious treat.
Red bean soup is very popular in China, especially in Cantonese.
Red beans can clear away heat and detoxify. They are not as cooling as mung beans, but they are also very suitable for autumn and winter.
Today I am going to share the red bean soup with sticky rice balls and Osmanthus which is not the same as the traditional one.
The bowl of glutinous rice is a small round, white and lovely and soft addition to the red bean soup.
Cooking red bean soup seems simple, but to have the right tastes and textures, you should remember these three tips:
1. The red beans we buy at the supermarket usually have some bad beans. Before you cook the bean soup, you must first pick them out. Otherwise, it is very likely that it will not be cooked properly.
2. Red beans contain a little smell because they contain saponins, so you must first remove the astringents in the beans first. After boiling the red beans, drain the water and cook again. Repeat for four or five times to remove the smell.
3. When you cook, add a handful of rice or glutinous rice, and the red bean paste will be denser.
- 1) 500g Red Beans
- 2) The appropriate amount of water
- 3) 20g of Rice
- 4) 150g of Yellow sugar
- 5) 100g of Glutinous rice flour
- 6) 90ml of Boiling water
- 7) 1tsp of Sweet-scented osmanthus sauce
Step 1. Pour 100g of glutinous rice flour into a large bowl and mix it into a loosely clumped texture with 90ml boiling water.
Step 2. Sprinkle a little flour on the cutting board, knead the dough into a strip, then cut it into small pieces with a scraper, and smash it into small balls with your hand.
The dough balls are sprinkled with dried glutinous rice flour to prevent sticking. You can put them in the refrigerator until you need them.
Step 3. Red beans: pick bad beans, wash and soak for more than 6 hours
Step 4. Soaked red beans are rinsed with water, then boil over high heat.
Step 5. After boiling, turn off the heat, pour the red beans into the strainer, wash off the water, wash it, pour it back into the pot, add cold water and boil.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 to effectively remove the red bean flavor.
In a hurry? add cold water several times after the red beans are boiled.
Step 6. When cooking for the third time, add 5 times the water and the soaked rice to the red beans.
Step 7. After it begins to boil, set to low heat and simmer until the beans are soft.
Yellow sugar and rock sugar are more fragrant, you can use fine sugar instead; and sugar is added according to personal taste, which is 10%-20% of water.
Step 8. Add the glutinous rice balls and boil them. After the small balls float up, turn off the heat and sprinkle a little sweet-scented osmanthus.
Put into a bowl and enjoy! After drinking a bowl, you will see why this is such a popular dish!