The reasons why you need to carry foodstuff to work or schools are countless. It ranges from living a distance away from our office to avoiding the unhygienic dishes at the restaurants. Packed meals will save you the time and money you would have spent on food.
However, keeping the food hot is tricky when you don’t have a microwave at work. Some people eat it cold but that will normally pose a health hazard. You may look for an insulated container to maintain the food temperature.
- Ultra-durable travel food jar for hot and cold beverages; 16-ounce capacity
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Easy-to-fill wide mouth; generously sized lid doubles as serving bowl; includes telescoping stainless steel spoon
When it comes to soup, treating it with extra care is necessary. Like tea and coffee, soups are best consumed hot. So, how do you maintain its temperature?
Thermos is mostly used for coffee and tea. But, did you know that you can it for your soups as well?
The 10 thermoses for soup
THE BUYING GUIDE
Before you buy your thermos for soups there are factors to consider.
- The thermal retention duration
This question asks for the insulation strength of the thermos. If you are going to use the thermos for lunch at work then you may consider having one that retains the temperature for about 7-8 hours.
- A good brand
You may think that the brand doesn’t matter. But, if you are seeking an assurance of quality service then the brand will be a vital factor of consideration. Consider brands like THERMOS L.L.C. that have been in the industry for years. Their thermoses are of high quality and performance.
With the 110 years of experience, they know exactly what their customers prefer. Rest assured that durability is their major attribute.
- Ease in cleaning
You do know that the structure of a thermos may develop molds and bacteria if not properly cleaned. I recently bought a thermos that within a month developed this foul smell. I ended up getting rid of it. On research, I discovered that my dishwasher couldn’t wash some part of the thermos.
I would advise anyone looking for a thermos to take note of the ease in cleaning. Check the reviews before buying the thermos to confirm that you can clean it and not have the smell remaining.
- Check its construction
What is the thermos construction material? Whether you are the one using it or your child will use it, you won’t be able to avoid its falling down every so often. I would choose a stainless steel thermos. This is because stainless steel is durable, strong, scratch and corrosion resistant.
- The insulation
Unlike those traditional thermoses that have a plastic exterior and a glass interior, the stainless steel make is unique. It has two stainless steel walls with an air vacuum system between. The thermos neither loses nor gains heat.
Aside from the vacuum insulation there are foam insulation thermos. Avoid such kinds of thermoses.
- The capacity and safety
What is the amount of soup you intend to drink? This should guide you to which thermos capacity is best for you. The thermos you are choosing should meet the health standards. It should especially be BPA free. You may use a thermos that has a gasket on the lid to avoid leakage of soup.
10 THERMOSES FOR SOUP
1. Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Food Jar
It’s not by chance that the best thermos is amongst the most sold thermoses on Amazon. I recently bought it for my soup and if this is not the best thermos then I don’t know which one else is. This stainless king thermos has a terrific construction from it’s exterior and interior stainless steel material.
With that kind of exterior, it remains cool to touch whether it has hot food or not. Furthermore, it has a wide mouth that makes filling it easy. For your convenience, there’s a spoon that you may use for your food or beverages.
It will keep your cold beverages for 9 hours and hot beverages for 7 hours. The other plus is that this is a THERMOS company product. The brand is trusted all over the world
- It has a durable exterior and interior because it’s made using the stainless steel material.
- The thermos holds about 16 ounces of food.
- Its lid is generously sized to allow for serving.
- It’s meant for the person who intends to carry a large capacity of food.
- Its lid is versatile and you may use it as a bowl for service.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It keeps your soup hot for 7 hours and the soup doesn’t condense.
- You can only wash it by hand and not in the dishwasher.
- It’s tricky to clean the telescopic spoon.
- Don’t overtighten the lid if you have hot food inside because it will be hard to open.
2. THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel 10-Ounce Food Jar
This thermos is another common one on Amazon. It’s not by chance though because its designed to retain the food temperature for 7 hours when cold and 5 hours when hot. The search for small capacity thermos with all other features is daunting. So this foogo is God sent.
It has a sturdy construction which can stand all pressures subjected to it. All these thanks to the stainless steel exterior and interior. The thermos is also safe from the BPA material and it meets the safety standards set by CPSIA.
This thermos suits the kids’ needs with a small capacity. It also has a non-slip and scratch resistant base and lid. Its rubber grip handle makes handling easy. Like the previous thermos, it has a wide mouth for easy refilling.
- It has a vacuum insulation technology to retain the food temperature.
- It has an ergonomic design that isn’t easily destroyed by falling.
- The high-quality thermos is dishwasher safe.
- It’s lightweight and ergonomically designed.
- It has a wide mouth for easy refilling.
- It’s suitable for kids and the old alike.
- It’s too small and the plastic base may separate from the metal side with time.
3. Zojirushi SF-CC20XA Tuff Sports Stainless Steel Travel Mug
This is another popular soup thermos. Its beautiful design makes it appropriate for soup and food. Like the preceding thermoses, it’s stainless steel made.
Although the manufactures began making the thermos in 1918 to date, it’s known for the best vacuum insulated products. For your convenience, it comes with an extra cup and cup lid. Furthermore, its designed for those who love to travel.
- It will keep your hot or cold beverages for hours.
- It’s easy to clean the interior and exterior of the thermos.
- It’s easy to refill with its wide mouth.
- It has a durable construction.
- It has a one-touch pour through the
- It’s not dishwasher safe.
4. Stanley Classic Vacuum Insulated Food Jar 17oz
The Stanley thermoses are the other best products that will keep your food hot for about 12 hrs. It’s available in two sizes; one has a capacity of 17 ounces while the other one has a capacity of 24 ounces. It’s made using a rust-free stainless steel material that is naturally BPA free.
It has a wide mouth for easy filling and cleaning processes. You may use it for travelling since it’s leak proof. With its eye-catching Hammerton powder coat, people will turn around to check your bottle. It’s easy to hold with its sturdy and durable construction.
Aside from all the above, the Stanley company has made thermoses for over 100 years. For all those who love enjoying their meal outside, this is your thermos.
- It has a twist-off lid.
- It has a leak proof double lid where the top lid doubles as a bowl.
- Has a lifetime warranty.
- It’s able to keep your hot and cold beverages and is specifically perfect for soups.
- It’s durable and constructed to last
- Who wouldn’t love its lifetime warranty?
- It holds a large capacity of beverages.
- It has a wide mouth that is perfect for filling, cleaning and eating.
- It’s weighty
- It’s not dishwasher safe
5. Thermos Funtainer 10 Ounce Food Jar
Now this was I think my 3rd thermos to buy. It’s not only attractive but also serves you right. It will keep your soup hot for about 5 hours. Its vacuum insulation technology is the perfect type for temperature retention.
Talk of a durable stainless steel interior and exterior. It features an ergonomic design that will stand any amount of pressure subjected to it. Besides, it’s made by one of the most popular brands. The thermos is BPA free and its wide mouth makes it easy to clean, fill and eat from.
Its constructed with a double wall for maximum thermal efficiency. Since it holds a small capacity of food it will best suit your kids when they are going to school. Besides its base is non-slip and non-scratch in design.
- It’s durable and portable.
- It’s lightweight making it easy to use by kids.
- It’s attractive in color and design.
- Cleaning it is easy
- It may begin leaking over time.
- Don’t use in a microwave.
6. MIRA Lunch, Food Jar, Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Lunch Thermos
This is the versatile option that you may use to carry soups, pasta and fruits to work. It’s eco-friendly and made of high-quality insulation method to keep your hot food hot for 5 hrs. It has a double wall design which suits both kids and adults.
While it’s not as popular as the preceding brands, it does an equally amazing job. It has a relatively large capacity of 13.5 oz. The material used to make it is BPA, lead and PVC free. It’s made of stainless steel on the interior and exteriors too.
It features a durable double wall vacuum insulated construction. This assures you that the food retains its temperature for a long time.
- It’s a high-quality product with a wide mouth to ease the refiling.
- You can store various foodstuffs in the thermos. Both cold and hot.
- It offers you a satisfaction guarantee.
- The compact design thermos is easy to open which makes it suitable for kids and adults too.
- It has a firm seal to prevent soup leakage.
- You may choose from the 5 colors available.
- It’s easy to clean.
- Not dishwasher or microwave safe.
7. Zojirushi SL-JAE14SA Mr. Bento Stainless Steel Lunch Jar
Zojirushi is another sleek kind of thermos that is versatile and best suits those who love different nutrition. It contains 4 different containers to pack different kinds of meals. What’s best is that you may combine both cold and hot meals yet they will maintain their temperatures.
The 2 main bowls are the main bowl which holds 15oz and the soup bowl holds 9.5oz. You keep them in the insulated part of the thermos. To further retain the heat, we use an insulated lid. You then keep the other two bowls over the insulated lid to retain the room temperature.
Its also made of stainless steel and has a lock to prevent leaking. It retains the heat and cold temperature for 6 hrs.
You get a carrying bag.
4 bowls for your different food.
It has a reusable locking lid.
- It has an outstanding quality of durable construction.
- It features a compact design that utilizes the available space.
- You can keep both hot and cold food in the same thermos.
- It carries a large capacity
- It’s surprisingly lightweight.
- The plastic bowls may get stained with time.
- Some of its containers are so small.
8. ENERGIFY Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar
This is another effective thermos design that has a double wall technology to retain the temperatures of the food. It has a capacity of 15 oz and 22 oz which will suit your food and soup. It’s made using the stainless steel material that is BPA free.
It’s not only safe for use at home but also classy in design making it fun to walk with. Its wide mouth makes it convenient for filling, easy to eat from and clean it. Its lid has a pressure release button to make opening it easy.
The thermos is versatile to use in that you may use it for pasta, soups or custard on a picnic, work or school. It comes with a foldable spoon for your convenience and a velvet carrying bag.
- Its base has a non-slip silicone feature.
- It’s scratch resistant.
- You receive an e-book with your ideal meals.
- It keeps your ice solid for 24 hrs.
- It’s versatile which means you may use it for various meals. It’s best used for soups.
- Its lid prevents leaking.
- Your food retains the temperature for long.
- With time, the silicone base begins to chip off.
9. Thermos 16 Ounce Stainless Steel Food Jar
I have a friend who believes that this is the best thermos there is on the market. I agree with her though I believe it’s amongst the many leading soup thermoses. It has a double wall vacuum insulation to retain the food temperatures for about 7 hours when hot and 9 hours when cold.
It has a sturdy construction made from stainless steel exterior and interiors. Its lid is safely made from BPA free material that is stain resistant.
- The thermos is lightweight for easy portability.
- The lid is perfect to retain the temperature.
- It’s dishwasher safe.
- Safe from BPA material.
- Its construction is strong and unbreakable.
- It Leaks sometimes.
- The lid isn’t very durable.
10. Thermos Stainless King 24 Ounce Food Jar
This is another client’s favorite thermos. It’s made by the THERMOS brand which means that it is of high quality. It could keep your hot foods hot for 14 hrs and cold food cold for 24 hrs. It’s best for those who wish to carry a large amount of soup since it has 24 oz capacity.
The lid may function as your bowl when a need arises. The stainless steel material constructs both its exterior and interiors. This makes it assume a sturdy construction with a wide mouth that is easy to fill, eat from and clean.
- It has the vacuum insulation which creates an airless space to help in temperature retention.
- It’s sweat proof and remains cool to touch.
- It has an insulated stainless steel bowl.
- It’s appropriate for large capacity beverages.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It’s durable.
- Keeps your food hot for long hours than most.
- The seal may come off sooner.
- Don’t wash in a dishwasher.
From our discussion, you discover that most of the thermoses are stainless steel made. They also have some plastic in the construction. It’s important to ensure that its BPA free.
I must say that this review makes it hard to choose the best thermos. However, when I check the features of a good soup thermos, I realize that the Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Food Jar stands out. From the perfect construction to the durability and ease of use this thermos is our best choice.
No wonder it’s loved by many.