When you are looking for one of the best delicious and filling meals, then this is what you should consider as it’s one of the greatest choices anyone can use.
So then, consider following this step-by-step tutorial to the latter to make just as nice rolls like the ones we are showing you in this case.
It’s such a versatile choice since you can use it alongside many other different meals. For example, if you would like to make a sandwich, you can, but you can make it too if you want just a regular roll.
I can only tell you that my family enjoys these and I know if you also tried them, you will like them a lot more.
The flour you use matters a lot more since you want it to be nicely soft and fluffy. You don’t have to think a lot about it. If you want to make it a complete meal by itself, then you should put in the filling since you can eat it at different times.
You will like the meal because they are easier to make and it won’t take you long to fix them. It doesn’t matter where you want to make the dinner, breakfast, or lunch; you can easily do so with the roll we have here.
Whole wheat flour isn’t easy to work with
Although whole wheat flour is never easy to work with, I say you should use it as it’s great to make the perfect bread. You should then know that it will never have the same gluten level as your white flour types. Most people would instead use bread flour in the cooking process.
So, although you’re using whole wheat, the best way to make it is to use parts of whole wheat. However, one thing you want to know is that the whole wheat choice of rolls is not as fluffy as the white wheat ones. You will love the multigrain texture of the whole wheat if you know the kind of bread you may want to use.
There are significant ingredients you have to use when making this bread, and they all have their dominant purpose or use in the recipe.
Milk: there’s just something about the milk that makes the bread flavorful and then tasty. You can use water in its place, but it’s not the same. It’s going to help in the activation of the yeast.
Sugar or sweeteners: depending on how you make your bread, most people will either use a different type of sugar, or sometimes they use your honey. Whichever you have is okay; make sure you put the right amount for the bread.
Yeast: of course, this is present in all the different kinds of doughs you can make. I like to use instant yeast just because it’s much easier to operate than any other type.
Butter: this is a must-have as it will influence the softness of the dough while it enhances the flavors as well.
Whole wheat flour: you will have to make the dough from the whole wheat, so then you have to buy the flour and use it. For the bread, below is the list of ingredients you will use.
Middle part dough ingredient:
- 210 grams of high-gluten flour,
- 90 grams of low-gluten flour,
- 25 grams of caster sugar,
- 65 grams of light cream,
- 195 grams of milk,
- 5 grams of instant dry yeast.
- 250 grams of high-gluten flour,
- 90 grams of low-gluten flour,
- 60 grams of whole wheat flour,
- 80 grams of caster sugar,
- 120 grams of light cream
- 2 grams of instant dry yeast,
- 100 grams of whole eggs,
- 45 grams of milk powder,
- 8 grams of salt,
- And 30 grams of unsalted butter.
A little thin egg liquid (egg liquid and water 1:1)
- Since we are using instant yeast, you will not need to activate it. Mix all the ingredients of the Middle part dough evenly. Use your spatula to make sure it’s all incorporated in the flour. Then you should ferment in a warm place and ferment to 2-3 times the original volume.
- Tear the Middle part dough into small pieces and add other materials except for the butter of the main dough into the mixer. Then start to mix up the dough.
- Keep kneading the dough into a smooth dough, then add softened butter. It will give you the perfect textures, and the flavors will be great too. Also, continue kneading until a large transparent film can be pulled out.
- Fold it to make the perfect and smooth dough and set it into the plastic wrap. Put the dough in a warm place for fermentation.
- The primary fermentation ends when the dough is twice as large. So after the dough has doubled up, you don’t need to leave it still expecting it to rise on.
- Divide into 24 parts evenly after venting, and loosen the plastic wrap with a round lid for 15 minutes. Make the perfect balls in no time.
- Now you will need to shape it already to knead into a drop shape with a thick end and a thin end.
- Use a rolling pin to roll into a long strip with a wide top and a thin bottom.
- After turning over, gently roll up from top to bottom. You want to have it being perfectly shaped, though.
- So, you will need to seal it, thus making sure it won’t unroll. Close the mouth and place it at the bottom, pinch tight.
- Line the baking tray with a baking sheet to be sure it won’t stick on the baking tray. Then, place the rolls on the baking tray evenly at intervals, and put them in a warm and humid place for the final fermentation.
- Brush a thin layer of thin egg liquid on the surface when it is twice as large as the original volume. I love the brown color that comes out when you just baked the bread. Its crust is outrightly outstanding. So don’t skip this step.
- Put it into the middle layer of the preheated 180-degree oven and bake it for 15 minutes.
- The water absorption rate of flour is different in different regions, so please adjust the water amount of dough material by yourself.
- After the bread is baked and colored, it is covered with tin foil until the baking ends.
- The oven has a temperature difference. Please refer to your oven for the baking time and temperature. When making this recipe, you should knead it yourself
- if you don’t have a stand mixer.
Do you know how to shape the roll?
It’s easy to shape the rolls. You will first need to make the small shapes dough balls, and then you should take your time to roll it right, thus sealing it perfectly.
Just make sure as you are rolling the dough, then you allow it to roll out tightly. Remember, you don’t have to make it too tight, but you should have it set in a way that it can’t come out.
If you like, then you can use the honey glaze to make it even more delicious. And then, you can also add the sea salt to the mixture, thus making it a little better delicious. If you don’t like the additions, though, you can leave them out, but they make a significant difference.
If you like, then you can create a sandwich too. Other than that, you will have a lightly textured choice of bread.
What do they serve the rolls with?
It’s like any other rolls you can make a sandwich and therefore no need for extra additions.
Sometimes you need the soups to serve the rolls with. They will make the best first course meals for you.
Here you have the light creamy noodle soups.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Yes, you can make it ahead of time. First, you will make it the same way you often make the other doughs, and then after the proofing, you will need to punch it in. Then, you can set it in containers to store in the freezer. Here it will last 2 months.
Have you tried my recipe yet?
Well, there you have it all. Have you tried the recipe yet? I want you to tell me how yours came out? Try this easy-to-make wheat rolls today.
Whole Wheat Rolls Recipe – Step By Step With Images
- Middle part dough ingredient
- 210 grams high-gluten flour
- 90 grams low-gluten flour
- 25 grams caster sugar
- 65 grams light cream
- 195 grams milk
- 5 grams instant dry yeast
- Main dough:
- 250 grams high-gluten flour
- 90 grams low-gluten flour
- 60 grams whole wheat flour
- 80 grams caster sugar
- 120 grams ight cream
- 2 grams instant dry yeast
- 100 grams whole eggs
- 45 grams milk powder
- 8 grams salt
- And 30 grams of unsalted butter
- Set the ingredients for the middle part dough into a bowl or the stand mixer, and then mix them all to form a shaggy mass of dough.
- Tear the middle part, and then you can add all other ingredients and only leave the butter.
- Start to knead the mixture again to form a whole bread dough. Give it time to prove and know that it's only ready when it doubles.
- Cut it into 24 tiny balls and then start to shape it. When shaping, then make sure you tighten the dough sheet so that it doesn’t unroll.
- Set them in the baking tray for the second proofing.
- Bake it and serve with different other meals.